Open call: Digital Futures Summer Research Internship Programme (SRI)
This is the third call for Digital Futures Summer Research Internship (SRI) Programme, which was established in 2022. The objective of the program is for the interns to gain first-hand experience in working in an academic setting. The SRI programme is directed toward students on the bachelor’s and master’s levels (at KTH, Stockholm University or RISE), who will have the opportunity to conduct research under the guidance of researchers affiliated with Digital Futures.
Digital Futures researchers from KTH, Stockholm University, and RISE are encouraged to nominate students for this call.
- Call opens: 19 January 2024
- Application deadline: 1 March 2024
- Results will be sent out: Within three weeks after the deadline
- Expected project start: 5 June 2024
What does the SRI offer?
The SRI events this year will be organized into an 8–10-week program that runs from June through August 2024. The events will be coordinated by KTH associate professor Olga Viberg, KTH; assistant professor Matthieu Barreau and Digital Futures programme officer Claudia Enciso.
Besides research project activities conducted under supervision of Digital Futures faculty members, the interns will have access to the Digital Futures space – on the 2nd floor at KTH School of Architecture in Osquars backe 5 and participate in some events and activities such as:
- Two presentations and a poster session where interns present their research projects to their peers and mentors.
- PhD students and postdoctoral researchers share their experiences of life in graduate school.
- Life in industry vs life in academia.
- How to apply to various PhD programs in Europe and outside.
- How to give a good conference-level presentation.
- Study visits to Digital Futures-affiliated industry partners (mobile connectivity giant Ericsson & the global water technology provider Xylem).
- Social activities.
Project duration and maximum funding
The duration of the project is 8-10 weeks and Digital Futures will fund up to 50% of salary costs (incl. OH- costs) for those weeks. The salary covered will be standard; any surplus will be covered by the supervisor.
How to apply
Applications should be made by a Digital Futures faculty member. Digital Futures researchers from KTH, Stockholm University and RISE are encouraged to nominate students in this call. Each Digital Futures faculty member can nominate up to 2 students.
- Fill in the application here.
- Send the student’s CV to email@example.com Each CV should not be more than 2 pages long. Please, write “Digital Futures SRI 2024” in the subject of your email.
A decision will be taken by the Organizing Committee and Digital Futures Executive Committee within three weeks after the deadline.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions. Please include “Digital Futures SRI 2024” in the subject of your email.
Digital Futures is a cross-disciplinary research centre that explores and develops digital technologies. We bring solutions to great societal challenges in Sweden and globally. We generate knowledge, innovations, and future leaders of high industrial relevance and strategic importance. Digital Futures is jointly established by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University, and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. Digital Futures awards funding to strategic research projects to support a specific action or project that furthers the vision of Digital Futures. Find out more about Digital Futures’ background here.