Closed call 2022-05-31: 1-2 Partner Postdoc Fellows in Environmental impacts of digitalization based on LCA
Digital Futures Partner postdoc fellowships aim to support talented early-career researchers in pursuing their research ideas in a new research group and institution. The fellowships are financed by KTH Digital Futures and one or more specific partners on a topic or field identified by the partner(s) and KTH Digital Futures in unison.
This call is for research on the environmental impacts of Information and communication technology (ICT) based on life-cycle assessment (LCA) and life cycle thinking with the aim to increase knowledge of direct and indirect impacts of digitalization. The research is expected to include both quantitative assessments and the development of methods for such assessments. In the first phase, research should focus on issues related to energy use and climate impact.
The position is part-financed by Ericsson, and they can provide opportunities for access to data that can normally be difficult to access. The position includes independent research and collaboration with researchers and actors with different roles in digitalization, primarily from academia and companies. The KTH funding comes from Digital Futures and KTH Climate Action Centre and the positions will be placed at the Department of Sustainable Development, Environmental Science and Engineering (SEED) at KTH. Cooperation with other parts of Digital Futures is expected.
Digital Futures is a cross-disciplinary research centre that explores and develops digital technologies. We bring solutions to great societal challenges in Sweden and globally. We generate knowledge, innovations, and future leaders of high industrial relevance and strategic importance. Digital Futures is jointly established by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University, and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. Digital Futures awards funding to strategic research projects and individuals to support a specific action or project that furthers the vision of Digital Futures. Find out more about Digital Futures here.
What the call offers
- Funding to pursue research ideas and conduct research in a new research group at a leading university within the Digital Futures environment. The funding includes salary costs for two years for each employed postdoc fellow.
- An international workplace and environment.
- Access to Digital Futures’ resources, its network of academic and industrial partners, infrastructure and testbeds, events and happenings.
- Mentorship and support in career development and research leadership education.
- Access to cutting edge experts within both digitalization and life-cycle assessments from academia
- Access to expertise in the area within Ericsson
More info regarding the positions and application process can be found here: Postdoc in Environmental impacts of digitalization based on LCA (kth.se)
Last application day: 31 May 2022
Questions regarding the area of research? Contact Göran Finnveden email@example.com