Closed call 2022-05-15: Apply for Digital Futures Summer Research Internships Programme
As part of the Digital Futures initiative’s goal of offering training in the new Science of Digital Transformation, a Summer Research Internships (SRI) Programme is established. The SRI programme is directed toward students on the bachelor’s and master’s levels, who will have the opportunity to conduct research under the guidance of researchers affiliated with Digital Futures.
The main activity this coming summer will be to organize joint events for student interns who are working together with Digital Futures researchers. Digital Futures researchers are very welcome to sign up interns they have recruited. Digital Futures will fund up to 50% salary of the selected interns. The SRI student interns will be invited to participate in the planned events below, and have access to the Digital Futures space – on the 2nd floor at KTH School of Architecture. We will be investigating possibilities for expanding the program activities until next year.
What a Summer Research Internship offers
The SRI events this year will be organized into an 8-week program that runs from June through August. The events will be coordinated by the Qianwen Xu and Jan Kronqvist. The objective of the program is for the interns to gain first-hand experience with working in an academic setting. In this context, weekly activities and seminars on the following topics will be offered:
- Half-time and full-time seminars where interns present their work to their peers and mentors.
- PhD students talk about their impressions of life in graduate school.
- Life in industry vs. life in academia.
- Procedures for applying to various PhD programs, both in Europe and in the US.
- How to give a good conference-level talk.
- Study visit to DF-affiliated industry partner.
Get in touch with us if you would like to sign up interns or have any questions regarding the program or aforementioned activities.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the Subject: “Digital Futures summer intern” and attach:
- CV of the student
- Short description of the project
Each faculty can nominate up to 2 student interns.
- Application deadline: May 15, 2022.
- Results will be sent out on May 22, 2022.
- The project can start earliest on June 1 and latest on June 30.
Contact & Questions
For further questions please contact:
- Qianwen Xu, Assistant Professor, KTH EECS by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Kronqvist, Assistant Professor, KTH SCI by mail to. email@example.com
Please include “Digital Futures summer intern” in the subject of your email.