Postdoctoral fellowships – mobility program for talented early-career researchers
We already have nine postdoc fellows as part of the Digital Futures mobility program. With this funding program, we aim to support talented early-career researchers in pursuing their research ideas in a new research group. The network, facilities and development opportunities provided through the program are carefully configured to boost the postdoc fellows’ future careers. The call is targeted towards applicants three years after completing their doctoral degree and aims to bring new talent to the Digital Futures environment.
– It has been inspiring to get to know these postdoc fellows and follow their progress. These talented early-career researchers bring new expertise and perspectives to Digital Futures which has been enriching. We have already seen some great research and papers being produced by the postdoc fellows. And, they have begun to organise some great events to support their career development, says Madeline Balaam, Associate professor at KTH, and the Associate Director responsible for Mobility at Digital Futures.
Each postdoc fellow has two supervisors from the Digital Futures faculty. Their research covers Digital Transformations for Optimising the Post-Pandemic Sustainable Smart City, Fusion of Radar and Optical Remote Sensing Time Series for Wildfire Monitoring with Deep Learning, Feminist Design of Social Robots and Designing Robots For Young People, With Young People.
Here you can read more about the Digital Futures postdoc fellowships:
- Deep Learning Approaches for Long-term Future Forecasting
- Digital Transformations for Optimising the Post-Pandemic SustainableSmart City
- Distributed Optimization and Federated Learning in Emerging Smart Networks
- Foreignness as a conceptual framework for interaction design
- Fusion of Radar and Optical Remote Sensing Time Series for WildfireMonitoring with Deep Learning
- How people are making the city smart – the role of algorithms in urban space
- Intelligent wireless communications and high-accuracy positioning systems
- Learning Analytics in Higher education
- On The Feminist Design of Social Robots and Designing Robots For Young People, With Young People
The Digital Futures research programme will soon expand even more. We’ll keep you posted.