Join the conversation! AI Imaginaries in Education: Hitting the target but missing the point?
Digital Futures for Education is a series of conversations and events that bring together key actors from academia, civil society, and the private and public sectors. The mission is to provide a colloquial space for discussion and reflection on the digital transformation in education and the role of universities in today’s complex societies. The goal is also to build a community with key national and international educational actors.
Digital Futures welcome interest in participating in the conversation on 8 September!
Date and time: 8 September 2022, 13:00 – 14:30 CEST (UTC+2)
Title: AI Imaginaries in Education: Hitting the target but missing the point?
Where: Online – Zoom link will be distributed upon registration
This conversation discusses the opportunities and risks of deploying AI and, more specifically, automation in higher education.
- Annika Bergviken Rensfeldt, Associate Professor, Gothenburg University
- Fredrik Heintz, Professor, Linköping University
- Loïs Vanhée, Associate professor, Department of Computing Sciences, Umeå University
Moderator: Cormac McGrath, Stockholm University & Digital Futures Faculty Member
The following questions lead the discussion:
- Will AI help students develop critical and creative thinking and collaborative and communication skills? Or will it help students to approve university assignments and exams?
- Will AI use, in particular, automation, bring us to understand student learning better? Or will it encourage the emergence of surveillance practices and invasion of student privacy at universities?
- What does it mean to design, develop, deploy, and use AI responsibly in higher education?
In this conversation, we bring together experts from political science, education, and sustainable human-computer interaction to discuss visions about the future of higher education.
Chair: Teresa Cerratto Pargman, Stockholm University – Associate Director Societal Outreach and Member of Working group Educational Transformation at Digital Futures.
More information on the conversation schedule and link to the registration