Archimedes Stockholm workshop – 13 June
Date and time: 13 June 2023, 09:00 – 16:00 CEST (UTC +2)
Title: Integrating systems engineering into university education and establishing it in academia
Where: Digital Futures hub, Osquars Backe 5, floor 2 at KTH main campus OR Zoom
A maximum of 50 participants are onsite at Digital Futures cafeteria. The registration deadline is 5 June. First come, first service.
For onsite participation, please register here: https://www.kth.se/form/63f392f9d5a4c540488e0539
If you are unable to participate onsite, you are welcome to join us via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 695 6088 7455
This event is co-sponsored by Digital Futures. KTH is hosting the workshop in the frame of the Archimedes initiative.
Welcome to this workshop on integrating systems engineering into university education and establishing it in academia. There will be opportunities for experience exchange and contact with international centers.
The workshop is organized in the frame of the Archimedes initiative, a new collaboration between international systems engineering research centers.
In 2022, SERC, ESI/TNO, DLR (represented by its Institute for SE and future mobility) and KTH Royal Institute of Technology (represented by the TECoSA and ICES centers) initiated Archimedes. See the INCOSE INSIGHT Magazine Dec. 2022 issue for further information about Archimedes.
PROGRAM – preliminary
09:00 Registration & Coffee
09:15-10:15 SLOT 1
- Welcome and workshop introduction by Martin Törngren, KTH
- Archimedes introduction by Martin Törngren KTH, Wouter Leibbrandt ESI, and Dinesh Verma SERC
- The Future of Systems Engineering/Incose by Tom Strandberg, CAG Syntell
- Human Systems Integration by Pernilla Ulfvengren, KTH
10:15-10:40 Coffee break & mingle
10:40-12:00 SLOT 2
- Industrial needs with representative talks from Swedish Industry incl sustainability concerns by Tor Ericsson, AFRY and Anna Pernestål, Skogforsk (prev. Scania and KTH)
- Educational (best) practices to integrate SE into engineering education by Bill Shepherd, Stevens Institue of Technology
- University management view on education and systems engineering by Joakim Lilliesköld, KTH
13:00-14:30 SLOT 3
- Group work sessions: How to introduce SE at Universities and in engineering education – incl. coffee break
14:30-15:30 Plenary summaries from groups and concluding discussion
15:30-16:00 Next steps
End of Day