Digital Futures for Education: Digital transformation in education: paradoxes, hopes, and realities
Date and time: 8 December 2022, 13:00 – 14:30 CET
Title: Digital transformation in education: paradoxes, hopes, and realities
Where: Digital Futures hub, Osquars Backe 5, floor 2 at KTH main campus OR via Zoom
For participation at Digital Futures hub – please register latest 6 December at this link: https://www.kth.se/form/636e11586c740538cac70b25
A maximum of 50 participants are onsite at the Digital Futures hub. First-come, first-served basis.
Location: Zoom https://kth-se.zoom.us/j/69560887455
Meeting ID: 695 6088 7455
Digital Futures for Education is a new series of conversations and events that bring together key actors from academia, civil society, and the private and public sectors. Its mission is to provide a colloquial space for discussion and reflection on the digital transformation in education and the role of universities in today’s complex societies. The goal is also to build a community with key national and international educational actors.
Conversation 3: Digital transformation in education: paradoxes, hopes, and realities
Teresa Cerratto Pargman, Professor, Stockholm University and Associate Director Outreach, Digital Futures
The NEN Interview: Jannie Jeppesen, CEO Swedish Edtech Industry
Podcast: Growing together med Jannie Jeppesen – Swedish Edtech Industry
Questions framing the conversation:
- How do we innovate in the education sector? Which goals? Which methods?
- What is responsible innovation in today’s digital education landscape?
- What futures are envisioned in current Edtech innovative practices?
- How can narratives about the future of digital education open a dialogue between the school/university and Edtech?
- What does the public education sector gain and what does it lose with the increasing presence of the private sector in its practices?
Links of interests:
- Critical Imaginaries and Reflections on Artificial Intelligence and Robots in Postdigital K-12 Education
- Automation Is Coming! Exploring Future(s)-Oriented Methods in Education
- The teacher as innovator during a pandemic: Changing practices and culture
Through Digital Futures for Education, we aim to:
- Stimulate an interdisciplinary dialogue across national and international universities to identify social demands and needs locally and globally.
- Bring about a well-founded debate on the possibilities of digitalization and data-driven education in Sweden.
- Cultivate critical and generative discussions on the ongoing research educational programs and projects at KTH, Stockholm University, and RISE.
- Align research goals and agendas in educational technology with everyday sociotechnical practices.
- Promote more inclusive conversations on digital transformation in higher education.
We invite you to be part of the conversation on digital transformation in education by suggesting topics and potential speakers to Teresa Cerratto Pargman, Associate Director Outreach, Digital Futures. Please send your suggestion to email@example.com. Write “Digital Futures Outreach” in the subject of your email.