Advancing Industry 5.0: A Green Transition through Digitalization and Innovative Business Transformations
Date and time: 12 September 2023, 09:00 – 16:00 CEST (UTC +2)
Title: Advancing Industry 5.0: A Green Transition through Digitalization and Innovative Business Transformations
Where: Digital Futures hub, Osquars Backe 5, floor 2 at KTH main campus OR Zoom
A maximum of 50 participants are onsite at Digital Futures cafeteria. The registration deadline is 5 September. First come first service.
For onsite participation, please register here: https://www.kth.se/form/64e88aba917ea4c31c2ca527
If you are unable to participate onsite, you are welcome to join us via Zoom:
Contact: Yongkuk Jeong (Jake), email@example.com, Assistant Professor in Production Logistics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
This workshop is co-organized by Digital Futures Seed Project Industry 5.0 research towards a circular economy and community building and the KTH Industrial Transformation Platform.
As Industry 5.0 ushers in a new era of innovation, it’s imperative we move forward with sustainability at the forefront.
This workshop emphasizes the green transition through digitalization and innovative business transformations. More than just a series of presentations, this event seeks to bridge gaps between specialists in industrial systems, digitalization, and the circular economy.
In the first half, we aim to identify the needs of our partners. We hope to gather a holistic view of the current landscape by inviting domain experts, stakeholders, and solution providers.
The second half will pivot to solution-focused discussions, including potential collaborations and a deep dive into research priorities. For a more interactive experience, we are adopting the ‘world cafe method’. Participants will engage in dynamic table discussions; each centered around a pivotal question or keyword. With an all-day schedule, ample time for brainstorming, networking, and collaborative ideation exists.
09:30 WELCOME & OVERVIEW
- Introduction to the project’s focus on Industry 5.0 and its role in the green transition
SESSION #1-1: Seeking industrial needs
- Engaging with external partners across various sectors. Participants rotate among tables themed around specific challenges and requirements in the green transition through digitalization. This provides a platform for diverse voices to be heard and encourages interactive discussions.
10:30 COFFEE BREAK
SESSION #1-2: Debriefing
- Sharing major takeaways from the various tables will set the tone for the solution brainstorming session.
SESSION #2-1: Solution brainstorming
- In smaller groups, participants will focus on brainstorming solutions and strategies based on the needs highlighted during the previous session. This will involve a mix of stakeholders and solution providers to ensure well-rounded discussions.
SESSION #2-2: Synthesizing insights
- A collective session where groups present their brainstormed solutions, facilitating cross-pollination of ideas.
14:30 COFFEE BREAK
SESSION #3: Charting the Way Forward
Identifying research priorities and delimitations based on the day’s discussions, ensuring that the insights guide the upcoming initiatives and proposals.
FEEDBACK & CLOSING REMARKS
- Reflecting on the day, capturing participant feedback, and offering a note of gratitude and future collaboration.
17:00 End of Day