Open call: Digital Futures Summer Research Internships Programme
As part of Digital Futures’ goal of offering training in the new Science of Digital Transformation, a Summer Research Internships (SRI) Programme was established in 2022. The SRI programme is directed toward students on the bachelor’s and master’s levels, who will have the opportunity to conduct research under the guidance of researchers affiliated with Digital Futures.
This is the second call for Summer Research Internships. Digital Futures researchers from KTH and RISE are encouraged to nominate students in this call.
- Call opens: 15 March 2023
- Application deadline: 14 April 2023
- Results will be sent out: within one to two weeks after the deadline.
- Expected project start: 1 June 2023
Purpose and Eligibility
The Summer Research Internship events this year will be organized into an 8-10 week program that runs from June through August. The events will be coordinated by Qianwen Xu, Jan Kronqvist and Seraina Dual. The objective of the program is for the interns to gain first-hand experience in working in an academic setting.
The main activity this coming summer will be to organize joint events for student interns who are working together with researchers affiliated with Digital Futures Faculty. Digital Futures Faculty are very welcome to nominate potential interns they have recruited.
The interns will be invited to participate in the planned events below and have access to the Digital Futures space – on the 2nd floor at the KTH School of Architecture. In this context, weekly activities and seminars on the following topics will be offered:
- Half-time and full-time seminars where interns present their work to their peers and mentors.
- PhD students talk about their impressions of life in graduate school.
- Life in industry vs life in academia.
- Procedures for applying to various PhD programs, both in Europe and in the US.
- How to give a good conference-level talk.
- Study visit to Digital Futures affiliated industry partner.
Project duration and maximum funding
The duration of the project is 8-10 weeks, and Digital Futures will fund up to 50% of the salary costs (incl. OH costs) for those weeks.
How to apply
- Fill in the application: https://www.kth.se/form/63ce78b24ae888e1db93d5fd?l=sv
- Send the student’s CV to email@example.com
Please write DF Summer Intern in the subject of your email.
Each faculty can nominate up to 2 student interns.
A decision will be taken by the organizing committee and Executive Committee within two weeks after the deadline.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions. Please include “Digital Futures Summer Intern” in the subject of your email.
Digital Futures is a cross-disciplinary research centre that explores and develops digital technologies. We bring solutions to great societal challenges in Sweden and globally. We generate knowledge, innovations, and future leaders of high industrial relevance and strategic importance. Digital Futures is jointly established by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University, and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden. Digital Futures awards funding to strategic research projects to support a specific action or project that furthers the vision of Digital Futures. Find out more about Digital Futures’ background here.