Digital Futures for Education: Which university education for an AI future?
Date and time: 1 November 2023, 13:00 – 15:00 CET, followed by mingling & drinks
Title: Digital Futures for Education: Which university education for an AI future?
Where: Digital Futures hub, Osquars Backe 5, floor 2 at KTH main campus OR Zoom
A maximum of 50 participants are onsite at Digital Futures cafeteria. The registration deadline is 25 October. First come first service.
For participation, please register here: to be announced
This is a seminar series on generative artificial intelligence in education aimed to discuss the following question: Which university education for an AI future? Engaging with design and societal perspectives. The question that inspires this seminar series is how universities redesign their curricula, courses, assignments, and examinations in the context of generative artificial intelligence (GAI) being presented as a game changer for society.
This seminar series consists of three conversations onsite.
Conversation 1 – PROGRAM to be announced
The first conversation focuses on designing bachelor’s programs ( content and pedagogy; student skills) with an understanding of the ethical issues at stake with AI in society.
Moderator: Tessy Cerratto-Pargman
Arnold Pears, KTH
Cormac McGrath, SU
Through Digital Futures for Education, we aim to:
- Stimulate an interdisciplinary dialogue across national and international universities to identify social demands and needs locally and globally.
- Bring about a well-founded debate on the possibilities of digitalization and data-driven education in Sweden.
- Cultivate critical and generative discussions on the ongoing research educational programs and projects at KTH, Stockholm University, and RISE.
- Align research goals and agendas in educational technology with everyday sociotechnical practices.
- Promote more inclusive conversations on digital transformation in higher education.
We invite you to be part of the conversation on digital transformation in education by suggesting topics and potential speakers to Teresa Cerratto Pargman, Associate Director Outreach, Digital Futures. Please send your suggestion to email@example.com. Write “Digital Futures Outreach” in the subject of your email.
Digital Futures for Education consists of conversations and events that bring together key actors from academia, civil society, and the private and public sectors. Its mission is to provide a colloquial space for discussion and reflection on the digital transformation in education and the role of universities in today’s complex societies. The goal is also to build a community with key national and international educational actors.