Membership & Application
How do I become a member?
There are two ways of becoming a Digital Futures faculty member
Alternative 1, if you are
- a member of the Digital Futures Governing Board (GB), Strategic Research Committee (SRC), Executive Committee (EC), Working Group (WG), Industrial & Societal Board (ISB), Industrial Committee (IC) or Societal Committee (SC) with faculty position,
- an ICT TNG faculty member, or
- a PI or co-PI for a project funded by Digital Futures then you are implicitly a faculty member, but we still need your formal application if you want to be an official Digital Futures faculty member. If a researcher, who is not a Digital Futures faculty member, assumes one of the roles above (e.g., by getting a Digital Futures grant) the researcher automatically becomes a faculty member according to the above.
Alternative 2, anyone who is eligible (read section Eligibility further down the page) can
- Fill in an application form with the following information:
- why you would like to become a Digital Futures faculty member
- what you think that you can contribute with and attach your CV
- The Digital Futures Executive Committee (EC) discusses the application at the next EC meeting. The main evaluation criteria are: (i) that the applicant is an active researcher within the scope of Digital Futures, and (ii) that the motivation for contributions to Digital Futures is relevant.
- A response with the decision is sent back to the applicant by the operations team
This lightweight process will in the normal case take at most a few weeks.
Why would I become a member?
Incentives and Obligations
By becoming a Digital Futures faculty member you get:
Access to the Digital Futures Hub
- Possibility to organize meetings, seminars, and events – link to room booking at Digital Futures hub.
- Chat or take a break and get the best coffee on campus (for free)
- Interact with other excellent researchers and partner companies
Actively involved in the organization of Digital Futures
- Have an active role as PI, co-PI, SRC member, EC member, board member, task group member, and/or explicitly involved in organizing other activities
- Attend and engage your group to attend seminars, events etc.
Officially affiliated with Digital Futures
- Goal: Increase the international awareness of Digital Futures and its researchers
- Clearly list all Digital Futures faculty and their group members on Digital Futures webpage
It is strongly encouraged and allowed to state Digital Futures as another affiliation in all published papers and other outreach activities for you and your group. Find out more on the FAQ page.
The following positions/titles/roles are eligible to apply for Digital Futures faculty:
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
- Full Professor
- Permanent full-time Researcher (”tillsvidareanställning”)
with a PhD degree and 80% employment or more at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm University, or RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (researchers employed by RISE Digital Systems Division in the Stockholm area).